City Clerk's Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and directs all functions of the City Finance Department, including accounting, fiscal planning, payroll, revenue collection and debt management.
- Processes, records and maintains all city administrative and city council agreements.
- Receives and processes all appeals filed by the general public in response to administrative decisions by city departments and divisions.
- Receives and processes all claims filed against the city by the general public, including acting as liaison between the general public and the City's contracted claims adjuster.
- Receives, advertises, officially opens and processes all formal City bids.
- Facilitates and oversees all administrative processes related to primary and general elections including the filing of campaign finance statements.
- Administers the filings for all appointed and elected officials identified in the Political Reform Act and the City's Conflict of Interest Code.
Deputy City Clerk's Responsibilities
- Produces city council agendas (including internal distribution of agenda packets, which contain all related reports and documents), distributes agendas to subscribers and uploads agendas on the City's web site.
- Maintains a database of all board and commission memberships including advisory boards appointed by Council, Standing Committees, and Task Force Committees appointed by the Mayor. Facilitates the board and commission application process for all advisory boards.
- Develops and maintains the City's records retention schedule to ensure the proper storage, maintenance, and disposal of municipal records.
- Codification of city ordinances into the municipal code, including updates and distribution of the code.