City Clerk's Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and directs all functions of the City Finance Department, including accounting, fiscal planning, payroll, revenue collection and debt management.
- Processing, recording and maintaining all city administrator and
city council agreements.
- Receiving and processing all appeals filed by the general public
in response to administrative decisions by city departments and divisions.
- Receiving and processing all claims filed against the city by the
general public, including acting as liaison between the general public
and the City's contracted claims adjuster.
- Receiving, advertising, officially opening and processing all formal
- Facilitating and overseeing all administrative processes related
to primary and general elections including the filing of campaign
- Administering the filings for all appointed and elected officials
identified in the Political Reform Act and the City's Conflict of
Deputy City Clerk's Responsibilities
- Producing city council agendas (including internal distribution of agenda packets, which contain all related reports and documents), mailing agendas to subscribers and uploading agendas on the City's web site.
- Maintaining a database of all board and commission memberships including: advisory boards appointed by Council; Standing Committees; and Task Force Committees appointed by the Mayor. Facilitating the board and commission application process for all advisory boards.
- Developing and maintaining the city's records retention schedule to ensure the proper storage, maintenance, and disposal of municipal records city-wide.
- Codification of city ordinances into the municipal code, including updates and distribution of the code.
If you would like to receive agendas by e-mail, send us your request here.
- Agendas are posted the Thursday evening before a meeting.
- The Council meets twice a month on the first and third Tuesdays.
- The Planning Commission meets once a month on the second Tuesday.
- The minutes of these meetings are not mailed out, but can be view on this website.
- Ballot Measures
- Candidates & Elections
- Voting Systems
- Voter Information
- Publications and Resources
- General Election Information
- Polling Place Look Up
- Voter Registration
- Poll Workers Needed
- Smart Voter
- Polling Place Look Up
- Directory of Contests
- Election Archives
- My Ballot
- My Polling Place
- Register to Vote